Friday, December 18, 2009

Interlude

No big progress today due to some necessary recalculations and measurements, and a morning meeting for work. So I thought I would post some images from my calculations and plans to give you some idea of what I'm shooting for.

First, I would like to thank my secret Santa for giving me such a nice rafter speed square. I had one from Harbor Freight which was quite ugly and not very precise, but this aluminum square is a thing of beauty. I have used it a great deal in the two days I've had it, and it will see a lot more use in the months to come!

These models were made in Sketchup, which has been a very useful (and free!) program during the (never-ending) design stage of the project. The outside of the building as shown here is rusted steel, my current idea for siding. I found a local source with free delivery of steel 4x8 sheets today, Santa Rita Steel, and they were also of great assistance in suggesting how it will be attached to the framing.

Lastly, I wanted to post these images I used to figure out how the wood was going to integrate with the trailer structure. They remind me of an early 20th century modern art triptych.



No comments:

Post a Comment